Sunday, January 24, 2010

TENNIS IS A TEN IN MY BOOK

It is my dream, my ambition, perhaps even my raison d’etre, to achieve a personal Grand Slam by attending each of the four tennis majors in a calendar year.

With the 2010 Australian Open now making the turn into its second week, barring some last minute Melbourne miracle, another year will pass with the dream unfulfilled. My only consolation is a high definition grounds pass – five-court coverage courtesy of ESPN, Tennis Channel, and DirecTV. Suffice it to say I’ve taken full advantage of the all-access pass via the 61-inches of flat screen dominating my living room skyline. I figure if I can’t physically be present to absorb the atmosphere of the Happy Slam, at least I can ingest as much of the digital drug as is humanly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment