Monday, August 29, 2011

OPEN FOR BUSINESS


The U.S. Open is underway!  Unfortunatlely, I am currently holding down a full-time job and cannot plant myself on the couch and flick through 6 courts of coverage on DirecTV and ESPN2.  Instead, I must be content with watching what I can during the day on ESPN3, then scrolling through many glorious hours of tennis on the DVR later tonight.

I've written this before, but I truly feel more alive during Grand Slam tennis tournaments.  Rarely do I get the opportunity to attend in person.  But when the four majors are in progress, tennis is on the big stage.  Anyone who cares at all about tennis is watching, and people who don't normally pay attention to tennis are more likely to sit up and take notice.  That is especially true here in America when the U.S. Open is in session.  Today, I am particularly appreciative that this tournament started as scheduled, one day after a giant hurricane swept through the New York Metropolitan Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment